Led by Ash Maurya
Hi - I am the founder of Spark59, author of
the international best-selling book Running Lean, and creator of Lean Canvas.
I have spent the last five years teaching and refining this methodology through numerous workshops and bootcamps around the world in Austin, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Boston, London, Dublin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Santiago, Toronto, Tokyo, Halifax, Prague, Montreal, Vancouver, Rio de Janiero, and Sao Paulo.
I have worked with companies ranging from 1 person startups to large enterprises such as Intel, Dell, NPR, Amazon, and taught at a number of universities including Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Berkeley, and UT Austin.
The result is a curriculum based on a set of
simple tools, field-tested content, and expert coaching
BOOTSTART is designed to get early stage entrepreneurs and innovators
from idea to traction.
Who Should Attend
For educators, mentors, and consultants.
- Educators who want to incorporate Running Lean and the Lean Canvas methodology into their entrepreneurship course
- Mentors at incubators and accelerators who want to raise the quality of entrepreneurs that enter and leave their programs
- Consultants who want to drive greater business results for their clients in their new and/or existing products.
The workshop is run over 2 full days of lectures, interactive Q&A, and hands-on practice.
DAY 1 - Business Model Design Patterns
The first day is themed around business model design patterns.
The day starts with a general overview of the methodology and then outlines the top pitfalls that trip entrepreneurs and innovators and how to avoid them.
By the end of the first day, you'll learn how to get entrepreneurs to deconstruct any idea into a set of five archetype business models using the 1-page Lean Canvas. You'll be able to show them how to then effectively define and communicate their business model to internal and external stakeholders.
9:00 - 10:00
The Innovation Challenge
- Understand why building new products is hard
- What is traction and why it matters above everything else
10:00 - 10:30
The One Metric: How to Achieve Right Action, Right Time
- What is traction and how can you universally measure it?
- How to apply these core principles to any kind of product
11:00 - 12:30
Business Model Design Patterns
- Deconstruct any idea into five archetype business model types
- Understand the top 3 universal risks all products face
13:30 - 15:00
Hands-on Practice: The True Job the Mentor
- Design and model multiple business models
- Learn how to ask the right questions
15:30 - 17:00
Pitching The Business Model
- How to effectively share a business model with team members, advisors, and investors.
- How to pitch a business model for learning.
DAY 2 - Business Model Validation Patterns
The second day is themed around business model validation patterns. This is where you'll learn the systems and processes needed to stress test any business model.
By the end of the day, you'll learn how to break a big vision into a set of testable strategies and experiments that maximize for breakthrough learning.
9:00 - 10:00
The Innovator Pitfall
- How to get innovators to focus on the right actions in their business that stand to drive the biggest business results.
10:00 - 11:00
The Power of a Good Strategy
- What is strategy?
- How to describe and communicate them.
11:30 - 12:30
The Art of the Scientist
- Learn how to craft effective experiments that maximize for speed, learning, and focus.
- Track and communicate your progress using the Lean Stack innovation accounting tool.
13:30 - 15:00
The 10X Innovation Strategy
- Introduction to constraints thinking.
- Learn how to prioritize and break constraints using a 10X innovation strategy.
15:30 - 17:00
Building Features People Want
- Overview of the BOOTSTART curriculum.
- How to apply everything you've learned today
Schedule of Fees
Level 1 Training Fees: $2,500 USD*
* Includes a 1 year LEANSTACK Innovation software partner plan subscription which includes:
- Full suite of LEANSTACK tools
- Access of all training courses and video library
- Client/team onboarding tools
- 20% affiliate referral fees for new customer signup
- Shadow coaching live teams with Ash Maurya
- Webinars and other training content
The partner subscription renewal is $100/mo or $1,000/yr after the first year.
How to Attend the Next Level 1 Training Workshop:
This workshop will be hosted at Capital Factory in Austin:
701 Brazos St - 16th Floor
Practice Trumps Theory
Your instructor, Ash Maurya, is praised for offering some of the best and most practicable advice out there for entrepreneurs. At this event, you won't just hear theory and a bunch of case-studies but instead roll up your sleeves and actually learn how to move ideas forward. If the event fails to deliver on this promise, we'll gladly refund your entire ticket price.
You may cancel your ticket up to 8 weeks before the event for a full refund. After that time, we cannot accept cancellations for logistical planning reasons. But you may still request a participant change by dropping us a email and send someone else in your place.